Friday, August 6, 2010

Baker of bread (banana that is)

Ummmph.
I've been sitting at home ALL day, bored and sick. I hate being sick so much.
I wanna go to the gym but mum won't let me.. I'm not suprised lol.
Well, on the plus side - I FINALLY (after like 2 months) got my bike back. My parents are so useless, if I need something done, and I ask one of them, both of them will reply with 'ask your mother / father'. and then they just get into massive arguments about it. It's why it took me 7 months to get a new phone after my old one broke.
Oh well, now I can go for bike rides which is one of my fave forms of exercise, it feels really free, I dislike running coz I feel people are watching me.
I just baked banana bread, for that boy I've been texting... I had to try it and see it wasn't gross. I had a quarter of a slice (around 40 calories)... I'm okay with that. It was fucking delicious, I'm surprised :P
I made it as low cal as possible, vegan and fat FREE.
I found a fat free recipe and changed it so that it was lower calories.
ingredients -
1/2 cup oats - 150 cals
300ml lite soy milk - 72 cals (compared to lite dairy milk - 156, or full cream - 201)
3 bananas - 270
240g self raising flour - 900 cals
1 tsp baking powder - 0 cals
1/3 cup brown sugar - 278 cals
3 tablespoons honey - 273 cals
1 teaspoon cinnamon - 6 cals
1 'no egg' egg replacement - 7 cals (compared to a whole egg - 70 cals)

= 1958 calories for the loaf - makes around 12 slices.
The original had walnuts (85g - around 550 cals) so I left that out too.
SO really I saved.... 742 calories off the loaf. Aren't I cool?
Anyway, enough about banana bread.
My intake so far is 854 cals. I know that I SHOULD eat something else, for my metabolisms sake, but it's hard, and I don't really want to. I've spent half the day in the kitchen, staring at the food, reading every nutrition label in the cupboard.
I also keep thinking 'oh but I can't eat that now, what if i'm hungry later?' and then later i think it's too late coz I don't want to eat late at night. AND I haven't even done any exercise today... Arggh.
apparently metabolism speeds up when sick, and that's why a lot of people lose weight when they're sick.. don't know how true that is. haha here's hoping.
My mum made these weird stuffed capsicum things, she wants me to eat, but for some reasons they're dripping in oil................ how about no?
Anywho - perhaps i'll ummm update if i eat more. Or something.
OH - my food today.
porridge with raspberries and chia - 250
kiwifruit - 50
pb&j sandwich (3/4 tbsp peanut butter, oil drained, crusts off, 1 tsp jam) - 230
2 tacos with lettuce and beans - 150
weight watchers minestrone soup - 70
20 raspberries - 20
1/4 slice banana bread - 40
= 810
lol, underestimation again??
fail. ahh well, it's good!
KAY leaving now, to stretch, all my muscles ACHE.
byeeeee <3

No comments:

Post a Comment