Monday, August 16, 2010

A bunch of cool things :)

For attractive lips, speak words of kindness.
For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people.
For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry.
For beautiful hair, let a child run his or her fingers through it once a day.
For poise, walk with the knowledge you'll never walk alone.
People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived,  reclaimed, and redeemed; Never throw out anybody.
Remember, If you ever need a helping hand, you'll find one at the end of your arm.
As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself, the other for helping others.
The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the  figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides.
The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mole, but true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows, and the beauty of a woman with passing years only grows!
- Sam Levenson

I rather like this poem, don't you?

  • When placed in warm milk, raisins re-plump into grapes. (so trying this!)
  • The metal backs of iPods are made from recycled zippers.
  • Eskimos don't believe in bridges or tunnels.
  • Every sixteen minutes, someone named Richard dies. (SO not naming my child Richard haha)
  • Dolphins kill more people annually than sharks and influenza combined. (And now I'm scared of them)
  • On a dare, former President Rutherford B. Hayes declared war on Chile for 17 minutes. (What a cool president!!)
  • If you hold one nostril closed for 72 hours, you will slowly lose the ability to see color. (Your sight will instantly return to normal when you release your nostril.) (Might try it with a nose plug at some point)
  • Wave a magnet at the lower left corner of a vending machine to receive a free soda. (Mmm.. free dietcoke)
  • Winnie the Pooh started out as a non-fiction account of mental illness. (I would have LOVED to have read that version)
  • Reading backwards for twenty minutes burns the same amount of calories as walking a half-mile. (GET READING PEOPLE)
  • Revolving doors were first invented as a way to keep horses out of department stores.
  • Clouds cannot travel south southwest.

My favourite interesting facts out of a bunch of cool ones I just read about!
And some lovely pictures of Audrey.

3 comments:

  1. My best friend is called Richard. I texted him immediately to warn him! xD

    I'm not convinced about the raisins but I'm going to try it.

    Thanks for posting this, it made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello :)
    My name's Anna and I'm your new follower. And I must say your blog is very interesting :)
    Hope you have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha wow a 17min war huh? XD i have got to try the raisin one and the magnet on the vending machine! i love getting free stuf, diet coke and root beer for me! and im off to find that version of winnie the pooh!

    ReplyDelete