So to summarize, my parents are split - always have been. I live with my mother, and I used to visit my dad on weekends, that has gradually deteriorated since I became a teenager, when I started going out every weekend night and day. And my papa doesn't seem to want to accept this fact, he's so overprotective in fact, that he has to watch PG movies with me in-case there's something 'inappropriate'. Need I say more?
Anyway, currently with my moma being overseas and all, and me living with my neighbours, he took this opportunity for me to spend the night. So last night I slept at my dad's house. The weird thing is that I can have a good conversation with him, he listens to me, and doesn't give a shit if I'm eating with my elbows on the table (unlike my always whining mother). Okay here's why he is so contradictory..
He is REALLY into eating 'healthy', he believes in eating only raw foods, drinking oolong / green tea everyday and even fasting for detoxification. He's against dairy products and processed foods and sugar, he's always reading me articles and showing me books about these things.
Yet, when he asks me to stay over, and I agree, he says to me - do you want me to buy you some foods and stuff? I replied no, and that I would eat before I come over. And when he picks me up he has a massive tub of ice-cream in tow, for me.
Luckily he also knows that I'm a mostly-vegan, and I told him that as to why I did not want any. Then he started cooking pasta for his own dinner and asks if I would also like some, but I said no and that I had already had dinner. STILL he cooks me a MASSIVE bowl - I'm serious my dad's portion sizes are like double regular (and when I say regular, I mean like, the average human). I politely refused. Good thing I had my will power in tow, because his cupboard is empty. Completely and utterly empty - devoid of reasonable food. Here is exactly what he has - butter, ketchup, ice-cream, chocolate Bavarian, nutella, iced coffee, 2 minute noodles, pasta, toffees.. and broccoli.. oh and some oats. That's is. I swear. Perfect for binge-mode, not so perfect for perfect mode. Oh he's got some oolong tea as well. Which I promptly made a massive pot of :)
But luckily he listens to me, we're gonna go grocery shopping and get some good stuff. Almond milk included. So almond milk should be good considering it's got 1g of protein and 1g of fiber per serve and oh how about 40 calories a glass? Yay for almond milk. And apparently soy makes you fat 0_o.. Hmm.....
Understand that my father is really strange okay? He has thousands of books in his garage.. He bought them for like 2 cents each. And he gave me a few books which he thinks will be beneficial to me. The Tao of Detox, 2 yoga books, a book on apple cider vinegar and a book about raw food cooking. Coolies.
Yesterday's intake:
fiber lift cereal + vanilla soy - 150
nofat 'sticky date' yoghurt - 68
pasta & sauce - 400
= 618
maaaaaadddddddd. :)
Ciao! <3
No comments:
Post a Comment