It's funny, there's all these diet tips I've read that say things like "cut out alcohol" "cut out fast food" "cut out meat and dairy" "cut out liquid calories" blah blah blah and apparently the weight will drop off like that *snaps fingers*.
It's irritating because I don't consume ANY of those things regularly at all. I hardly get drunk, I used to but yeah.. I'm a mostly-vegan but I'll discuss that later. I NEVER drink liquid calories, as I'm kinda sensitive to milk so I drink green tea, peppermint or chai with a tiny amount of soy milk and I like my coffee black anyway.. Except I always brew it at home, black coffee from cafes is sour a lot of the time and it's disgusting. Oh and fast food, ew. I prefer home food anyways. :)
My point is, I want there to be some magical thing that I could cut out and suddenly I'll lose weight heaps quicker, but yeah...
I'm thinking I might try chia seeds, any experience with them??
Apparently they are filling, give heaps of energy, have a TON of nutrients and flush out the system so yeah! Oh and there's a choc chip cookie recipe using them to replace butter! I don't know if you've noticed, but I love love love to bake things.. too much. But I might try to make these. They turn into a gel when mixed with water and they have no flavour, so are perfect for mixing into things.
My local health food store kinda sucks.. And I don't really have much money. But my mother dearest owes me like $150 coz I've been working for her (more on that later too). So I'll get some of that money and head down to pick up some!
I'm also going to be making some homemade baked felafel (as opposed to deep fried) when I get a chance; healthy, filling and relatively low cal. :)
My friend was telling me about how she ate nothing but apples to lose a few pounds. It didn't last long, no more than a week I think. But the point was that she had gained the weight REALLY fast and she had no idea how, so when she was at the doctor she asked about it. After discussing stuff with the doc, she was told that it was because she had been smoking weed too much. And NOT because of the food that weed makes you want which is OBVIOUSLY not helpful, because she has good self control, it was because it apparently slows down your metabolism and your body stores fat more easily. That rather suprised me.. Just saying.
Long story about buses this morning, long story-short I spent about 30 minutes walking / running to catch this stupid bus on time. Good exercise, but terribly irritating. Then arrived at work (catering for a holiday care program) and had to ice a gazillion cupcakes, shake up big bottles of milo-milk, crack and whisk 5 dozen eggs and make quiche. It was tiring! I have drunken SO much coffee and water and apple cider vinegar today. I'm peeing like every 10 minutes. I have not eaten anything (not even a cupcake!) don't really plan on it, cool. And it was good today coz I hate eating egg, and seeing all the cream and cheese and such that went into the quiche anyway was enough to keep me away from it.
Okay I'm cutting down my veganism to strict vegetarian, because I AM doing it for animals and environment and ethics and whatnot.. but, as crazy as it sounds it gets in the way of my weight loss to be vegan. There's a lot of low calorie foods that I can't have if I'm full vegan. Such as low calorie jelly, nearly all my fave low calories soups have milk solids and such in them.. You get it. I still don't drink milk, eat cheese, eat cream, eggs.. you get it. ALSO, being vegan really lowers my energy if I'm ALSO dieting. Remind me to take a vitamin on days when I do eat. (Exactly why I want to try chia seeds!)
I don't know if I ever mentioned this, but I bought some cherry tomatoes, I like to eat them as they are as a snack. Some people don't like that, but whatever floats your boat I guess. Oh and one more thing - I actually have not been able to weigh myself in like 2-3 weeks. It's kind of annoying but I guess is a good thing. I shall post it when I know. I realised why I was SO overthetop for about a week with my food there, mainly junk and sugar and way too much. I got SO offtrack and it was because I was lacking nutrients. SO my food is going to be rather nutritious now.
And finally, to end this post, of course it's not necessary to watch - but just a video I saw today that made me sad.
No comments:
Post a Comment