When did I become popular? When did my blog become something interesting?..
Last night I got off the computer at about 11pm, I woke at about 11am and I had 3 new followers.. and 6 missed calls. I almost feel interesting (?).. and I kind of feel like now I have to make an effort to make my posts more readable / interesting and not just my thoughts poured out of me.
So last night I couldn't sleep, so I set to work on rearranging my room (notice the word 'rearranging', not cleaning). I shoved all the crap under my bed and I went through all my magazines and cut out every cool picture I could find and then I decorated my walls (that picture above is one part of my walls). It was basically just a time passer but I ended up staying up until 4am; listening to the Strokes and burning incense that my friend brought me back from India.
I made the unconscious decision to not eat today. It wasn't that I was (or am) trying to hold myself back from eating the food - I really would rather that I don't. I walked over to my best friend's house (7 minutes walk) this morning and she was making pancakes. Fortunately she's a fatty (at heart of course!) and was perfectly happy to eat them all, and we had a Sex and the City marathon. Haha - watching Carrie writing her column for the New Yorker kind of reminded me of how it is to write this blog but obviously she's a better writer who gets paid a lot more to do it.
I'm having a luncheon with my grandma tomorrow at my favourite vegan cafe; I really really like my grandma and I'm happy to see her - but cafe food really scares me because nothing is based on calories - everthing is based on taste. I guess there's nothing that I can really do about it.
I'm currently reading a new book; Wasted - by Marya Hornbacher, thanks to this lovely girl. It's a PDF file of it - readable on the computer or on an ipod touch / iphone / ipad.. You get it. So either you could ask her, or I'm happy to send it to you if you leave me your email. So far it seems to be a really interesting book.
I have started following so many blogs and realised that I'm sort of following so many lives of so many different individuals. It's kinda weird to hear the honest feelings of peope who aren't my closest friends or tv characters.
I had this epiphany - which you would think is common knowledge and I guess it is: 'The food will always be there later'. How did I not really make use of this idea before?? Last night I guess I was set off by the chocolate to WANT more food. And I wanted it - but then I said to myself, 'It will always be there later if I want it'. And occassionally I think to myself, 'Oh, but those freshly baked cookies won't'.. But if I REALLY want fresh baked cookies sometime, I can easily make them.. And I know that, especially considering how much I love to cook.
ONE MORE THING - SPLENDOR IN THE GRASS IS IN 2 1/2 weeks!!!!! Oh my god - I'm so excited!!!!!
So incase you didn't get that - today is a non food day.
Yeah.. But I can not always guarantee that - mother and all.. I believe I'm making dinner tonight, but it is avoidable.
Anyway - byebye :)

No comments:
Post a Comment